Proviron, aka Mesterolone, is a compound that has become popular with curious athletes and bodybuilders over the last few years. However, it’s a compound typically prescribed to men suffering from hypogonadism, a health condition in which they’re unable to produce normal testosterone levels.
Bodybuilders and athletes searching for the golden elixir that unlocks infinite gains without any side effects have considered Proviron.
We’ll dive into Proviron, what it is, any side effects and what you need to know. And of course, before we jump in, we can tell you that there is no golden elixir that can replace hard work, dedication, and commitment to a training routine.
What is Proviron?
Believe it or not, Proviron is one of the oldest choices for an androgenic anabolic steroid on the market. It was created by the pharmaceutical company Schering back in the 1930s. Over the years, it’s been branded differently, but Proviron has remained the most popular name.
Proviron is unique but shares a few similarities with Masteron, Winstrol, and Anavar. If you know your steroids, you’ll know these are mild compared to the big boys like Tren.
Mild but powerful to provide impressive results and do some damage.
Whilst Proviron might not be as powerful as some other anabolic steroids, and it has some unique traits. For example, Proviron shouldn’t be used for bulking, as that’s not where its strengths lie. Instead, it promotes lean muscle mass and fat loss, so it’s a great addition to your cutting stack.
Used in Europe, the FDA has never actually approved Proviron steroid for therapeutic use, and it’s typically prescribed to treat androgenic deficiencies and treat fertility conditions in men.
Proviron steroid is a structurally altered DHT hormone that possesses the methyl group located at the carbon one position. It’s an oral steroid with an androgenic rating of 30-40 and an anabolic rating of 100-150. Compared with testosterone, which has a rating of 100 in both categories.
What is Proviron used for?
As mentioned above, Proviron is prescribed to treat male hypogonadism, a condition in which the body doesn’t produce enough testosterone. Proviron is used to promote testosterone and controls normal sexual development and function.
Although Proviron might not be the steroid for bulking up, other reported Proviron benefits remain.
Of course, if you suffer from hypogonadism, this is where you’ll see the most Proviron benefits. Although as a bodybuilder or athlete, you might not see that much improvement.
Here are some of the Proviron benefits:
- Fat loss – Proviron works by increasing your core temperature, speeding up metabolism and burning stubborn body fat.
- Excellent for cutting – As bodybuilders know, the most challenging part of comp prep is the cutting. Proviron is useful because it boosts lean muscle growth while helping preserve existing muscle. All the while, your metabolism is ramped off, burning off fat.
- Prevents aromatization – One of the worst features of steroids is that many can lead to aromatization, which is where testosterone is converted into estrogen. Therefore, creating weight gain, water retention, and gynecomastia (dreaded man boobs!).
- Increased muscle mass – Okay, whilst Proviron might not beef you up, it still is an androgenic anabolic compound that can promote lean muscle mass. You can expect around 10 pounds of lean muscle per cycle, nothing to be sniffed at.
- Improved effects from other steroids – Typically, for the best results, bodybuilders will stack Proviron steroid with other anabolic androgenic steroids. This is because it helps prevent some estrogenic side effects, and Proviron can act as a catalyst for other steroids in your stack, making them more effective.
- No injections – If you’re not a fan of needles, then you’ll probably prefer oral steroids taken in tablet form.
- Enhances testosterone – Proviron works by binding to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). This substance lives in the bloodstream and connects with excess hormones, such as testosterone. By binding to SHBG, Proviron helps to increase the amount of testosterone in the body.
- Helps erectile dysfunction (ED) – Proviron can help men struggling with achieving or maintaining an erection due to the enhanced testosterone levels.
- Treats infertility – Again, due to correcting the imbalance of testosterone, Proviron could help men to increase their chances of conceiving a child.
Proviron side effects
While Proviron is safer than most steroids, there’s no doubt that users report side effects. Before you start a Proviron cycle, we recommend having a set of blood tests.
Some of the most common side effects that users report include:
- Water retention
- Gynecomastia (man boobs).
- Increased sexual drive
- Depression or low mood
- Aggression or irritability (aka roid rage)
- Increased or decreased energy levels
- Excessive hairiness or male pattern baldness
- Liver toxicity
- Prolonged stomach pain or severe stomach pain
One of the scarier side effects is an enlarged prostate, which only happens when people abuse Proviron steroids. If you consume too much and at the wrong times, this can lead to an enlarged prostate gland and an increased risk of prostate cancer. If you think you’ve taken too much Proviron, speak to a doctor immediately.
Choosing the right Proviron dosage for you
Generally tolerated quite well and with weak anabolic effects, Proviron doses don’t cause nearly as many side effects as some of the more potent steroids out there. As Proviron is a fast-acting oral steroid, it’s consumed daily.
Remember, start small; you need to ease your body in and see how it reacts to the compound.
The average dose is around 50mg daily, but people have used between 25 and 250 mg without experiencing significant side effects.
Is Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) Required?
Post Cycle Therapy, or PCT as it is commonly known in bodybuilding circles, is always needed after running an anabolic steroid cycle. It doesn’t matter if you feel great or the steroids are weak; you should always run PCT after a cycle. This helps to re-establish your natural testosterone production.
What to stack Proviron with?
Generally, it’s best not to stack Proviron with other steroids or androgens as they can both suppress testosterone. However, it’s best stacked with testosterone as the DHT in Proviron binds to SHBG, allowing for a greater volume of free testosterone in your bloodstream and enhancing the androgenic impact.
Who shouldn’t use Proviron steroid?
If you’re prone to high blood pressure, Proviron may worsen it; speak to your doctor or health care provider. In addition, if you’ve had or have prostate cancer, liver tumors, breast cancer in male breast tissue, or high calcium levels, you should avoid taking Proviron.
Finally, like anything, Proviron can cause allergic reactions, which can lead to symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in the face, lips, tongue, or other parts of the body
- Rashes or hives
Whilst Proviron isn’t a potent steroid, it should still be treated with caution like any other drug. It’s essential to know the pros and cons before you use it.
A beginner Proviron cycle
Remember, it all comes down to what you want to get from your cycle and your goals. More experienced steroid users may be able to utilize a higher Proviron dosage. However, the cycle below gives you a general idea of where to start.
Is Proviron worth it?
Can Proviron help you to burn fat, promote lean muscle mass growth, and build muscle? Yes.
Sure, compared to some of the other steroids out there, Proviron doesn’t seem that bad, and the side effects are mild when you stack them against some of the big boys. And in terms of a steroid cycle, it’s generally well tolerated. However, despite its mild anabolic effects and possible results for bodybuilding, you have to ask yourself if the fat loss and limited gains are worth risking depression, acne, and male pattern baldness? Especially when there are safer, natural, and legal alternatives.
Also Read: How to tell if someone is on steroids
Personally, we don’t think the gains are worth it. Any anabolic steroid can come with serious health risks and of course, side effects. But if you’re intent on increasing gains and boosting your lean muscle mass, instead of steroids, we advise opting for natural supplements such as SBULK.
SBULK is a legal, natural alternative that has it all. Muscle. Strength. Stamina. Power. Take it all to the next level with this potent alternative that’ll have you looking and feeling more powerful than the next guy.
Ready to get brutal?
Brutal Force is a legal steroid alternative that is 100% natural and proven to help you get shredded – fast. Totally free of nasty side effects, it’s incredibly effective at helping you build lean muscle, increase your testosterone, reduce your recovery time, and enhance your performance!
It’s time to get BRUTAL!