If you’re someone that is going to be using anything that affects your hormones, then it is vital you know as much about it as you possibly can. It may sometimes feel like a bit of an information overload, but you need to be made aware of the bad as well as the good.
Many androgen receptors and other powerful steroids promise to bring you a mass of muscle gain. However, what they sometimes fail to mention is that you may experience mood swings, fluid retention, and other side effects such as body hair growth, and suppression of natural testosterone production. The side effects from these steroids seem bad enough but when there are also concerns of high blood pressure and ventricular hypertrophy, doing your research is vital.
What is Masteron?
Originally developed under the name Masteril, Masteron was initially used as an anti-estrogen product. It was first prescribed for breast cancer treatment and was also used alongside other medication that impacted breast cancer antiestrogen ncbl
These days, there aren’t anywhere near as many people using Masteron to improve breast cancer symptoms. Alternatively, the drug has now become increasingly popular within bodybuilding circles. Athletes have become a fan of Masteron due to the way it influences the hormonal systems in the body.
Due to its nature as an anti-estrogen, you can probably imagine some of the characteristics of Masteron. Now, Masteron is derived from dihydrotestosterone, also known as DHT; which doesn’t convert to estrogen in the body. This is a process we know as aromatization. Then there is free testosterone, this is ready and available for the body to use and can be aromatized into estrogen.
It is believed that Masteron can influence estrogen by curbing some of the enzymes to then lead to aromatization, or perhaps even via direct interaction with estrogen.
So, if Masteron is in fact an anabolic steroid that obstructs the aromatase enzyme; then it may be useful in maintaining optimum levels of free testosterone in the body. Additionally, it’s possible that Masteron may also be useful for the prevention of the aromatization of other steroids and compounds that are known to convert into estrogen.
The two forms of Masteron (Drostanolone):
There are actually two forms of Masteron that can be found relatively easily. Each one comes with its own benefits and drawbacks.
There is Masteron propionate or drostanolone propionate, which is the original form of Masteron. This exotic androgenic steroid is considered popular amongst bodybuilders and athletes. Generally, most brands or individuals refer to Masteron as Masteron propionate.
Despite its anti-estrogen properties and the fact that Masteron propionate is incredibly effective, there are other steroids on the market that are considered to be stronger. Nevertheless, Masteron propionate is an androgen receptor known to be great at boosting muscle mass.
As we mentioned earlier, Masteron propionate is a derivative of DHT then with a methyl group added to the Carbon 2 position and a carboxylic acid ester is added to the 17beta hydroxyl group. In doing so, this increases the anabolic strength of the drug and slows its metabolism in the body.
We then have Masteron enanthate or drostanolone enanthate. This is a longer ester of the Masteron molecule, which means that it take longers to clear from the body and is slower than its Masteron propionate counterpart.
This then means that if you’re a Masteron enanthate user, you won’t need to do it as frequently as you would with Masteron propionate. However, the dose will need to be larger, which many people prefer.
Many anabolic steroid users also prefer to use Masteron enanthate in stacks combined with testosterone enanthate as it’s said they work well together.
1. Increased Muscle Mass
If you were to compare this anabolic androgenic steroid to other steroids that are much more potent such as Trenbolone or Winstrol, then it may be Masteron isn’t impressive to those who are wanting to gain muscle mass.
Although, not all those in steroid cycles are looking to turn into a buff monster, and if that’s true in your case, Masteron is ideal.
Anabolic steroids such as Masteron are great at helping build muscle mass relatively quickly. Of course, the exact Masteron dosage will differ from person to person. However, typically those using Masteron can expect to gain 10-20 pounds during a cycle.
2. Great For Cutting Cycles
If it’s a bulking cycle you’re looking for, then a Masteron cycle probably isn’t the best choice.
However, if you’re looking for a cutting cycle and to become ripped and more defined before heading to a competition or event, as many bodybuilders do, then Masteron is the one for you.
If you feel like you’re cutting cycle has been missing something, then maybe Masteron is something to add to your next cycle.
It seems that the world of bodybuilding is changing. Those who either compete themselves or have an interest are no longer into the enormous monsters that used to dominate the stages at competitions with their bubble gut. This is also known as Palumboism or HGH growth guts.
Instead, people are now more interested in the more aesthetically pleasing physiques that is nicely lean and muscular. This mostly means that those competing are ripped and defined with tight waists and their weight is closer to 200 rather than 300 pounds.
Due to these changes, Masteron is proving to be even more useful. Masteron is one of those anabolic steroids that promote lean muscle mass and body fat loss. Not only that but there is also no aromatization meaning there aren’t any Estrogenic side effects such as water retention or hair loss.
If you’re a competing bodybuilder or athlete and you need to look your best, side effects are something you really need to pay attention to.
4. Revamped Energy And Endurance
When you’re cutting or dieting for a competition, obviously your daily calorie intake will be lower than you’re used to. Due to this, you can expect your energy levels to be a little lower too, meaning you’ll likely feel lethargic, tired, and demotivated. But, with an event coming up and training being a top priority, this is quite a big problem.
So, what can you do about it?
Besides putting all of your hopes on pre-workout supplements and coffee coming to save you, an effective way to counter this slump is to use Masteron. Masteron is a steroid with anabolic properties known to help boost your metabolism and promote steady increases in energy and stamina. For athletes and many bodybuilders alike, this is a greatly beneficial need.
Stacking Masteron with an existing cycle will make the other steroids more powerful. However, it doesn’t end there, by adding Masteron to your current cycle you may also be able to alleviate some estrogen and progesterone issues. It is also said that stacking Masteron with another of the anabolic androgenic steroids such as Nandrolone, will counteract any sexual side effects you may experience. This is because stronger steroids containing DHN (dihydro nandrolone) increase DHT.
As is the case with all steroids, it works to boost protein synthesis and red blood cell count, however, this will be mild. This might explain why using Masteron alone doesn’t really do anything for you. Although, whether used as part of a stack or by itself, it certainly boasts the benefit of some muscle hardening. From this you can expect hard muscles, giving more of a dry, aesthetic look. Muscle hardening may sound a little strange, but believe us, you want it.
We’ll leave this with the final bonus that there is no need to worry about weight gain. As with Masteron, there is no fear of an increase in body weight.
The detection time is listed at 3 months for the propionate enanthate ester and 4 weeks for the propionate ester. It may be worth noting that some athletes like boxers have been caught out with Masteron use before, due to the fact there is no need to be concerned about weight class.
Propionate ester has a short half-life of under 3 days. The longer propionate enanthate version is 10-12 days.
Side effects of Drostanolone propionate
As to be expected with all steroids, it’s essential that you’re aware of all potential side effects of Drostanolone propionate, before you consider a cycle. Whilst Masteron may not have as many side effects as some of the more powerful steroids, there are risks associated with it that need to be considered before deciding if it’s for you.
However, with that said, Masteron doesn’t aromatize and due to its anti-estrogenic properties, it reduces many of the side effects you’d associate with steroid cycles. Side effects such as gynecomastia, water retention, and high blood pressure are all things you can expect from other steroids, that are far less likely when you use Masteron.
It’s not all fun and games though, there is still the potential for some issues to arise with extended or long-term use, though.
- Hair loss, especially in those prone to male pattern baldness
- Aggression or loss of emotional control
- Virilization symptoms such as acne, especially if you’ve experienced an increase in acne with the use of other steroids or androgens
- Testosterone suppression. Such as is the case with many steroids, excessive use of Masteron will suppress your body’s natural testosterone production. It may take weeks or months after you stop using it for the natural production of testosterone to start again. Due to the way steroids work, after your cycle finishes and before you begin your next cycle, it is typically recommended that you go through post cycle therapy to reverse the effects of testosterone suppression.
- Injection infections. If you aren’t aware of how to properly inject a drug, then you could run the risk of infection at the injection site or somewhere else in the body. Ensuring that your needles are sterile is incredibly important. If at all possible, try to get your Masteron injected by a professional.
- Dry joints and nerve pain: Although the side effects of Masteron are not as bad as other anabolic steroids like Winstrol, you still can get dry joint problems on Masteron propionate or Drostanolone propionate. Also, harder muscles can cause nerves to become pinched which can cause a flare-up of existing injuries like herniated discs.
Whether you’re one of the experienced steroid users, or you’re on your beginner cycle, it’s difficult to say exactly how anyone will respond to an injectable steroid like Masteron. However, due to its nature as an anti-estrogen, the side effects are much less serious and significant than you might experience with something like Trenbolone. Masteron is also less likely to cause things like roid gut.
As we’ve already mentioned, there are two main forms of Masteron that are used in most cases. The dosages for each of these compounds will be slightly different.
- Drostanolone propionate is usually dosed in smaller amounts, anywhere from 50-150mg/ml. This version has a faster half-life, meaning the body uses it, processes it, and excretes it quicker. Because of this, you’ll have to make sure that you do another injection at least once every two days.
- Drostanolone enanthate is the slower-acting version. Because of its slower action, users generally take slightly higher doses of 200 mg/ml.
Can women use Masteron?
Masteron-Drostanolone wouldn’t be the first choice for a female to use. However, some advanced female bodybuilders have been known to throw stack Masteron into a cycle at low dosages. Again, side effects such as mood swings, hair loss, and water retention may be possible.
So, if you’re thinking of using steroids like Masteron, it’s important to participate in a ‘cycle.’ A cycle is a term used to describe the intermittent usage of a substance with breaks in between. This helps to prevent the development of tolerance and dependence.
If you were to become tolerant to a drug, then your body would require more of it to experience the same effects. Then with continual use, dependence can set in. This means that your body would require the drug to produce testosterone, as your body would become used to the testosterone suppression and your testosterone levels would be a mess. Cycles and post cycle therapy help to prevent this.
It’s also important, perhaps even more so, that you’re aware of any other medication you’re using with Masteron. Other steroids can be much more potent and should be cycled more thoroughly so that your body does not become dependent on them.
Here are some basics around Masteron cycles:
- A beginner cycle. For a beginner Masteron cycle, you should inject Masteron propionate no more than every other day. Masteron enanthate should be injected twice per week. You should shoot for a total weekly amount of no more than 300mg on a weekly basis if you’re using Masteron propionate, and somewhere between 400 and 600 mg if you’re using Masteron enanthate. You should avoid using either for more than a month at a time.
- An intermediate cycle. If you’re using Masteron propionate at an intermediate level, you should still try to inject it only every other day, and enanthate twice per week. Users of Masteron propionate should shoot for about 500 mg as a weekly maximum, and enanthate users should use between 400 mg and 600 mg. Again, try to avoid using it for more than a month.
Is Post Cycle Therapy Required?
Firstly, it’s important to recognize that when it comes to steroids and post cycle therapy, it is an absolute must. Nolvadex should be enough as Masteron doesn’t aromatize meaning estrogenic side effects are not as likely. When it comes to dosages, it is recommended to run Nolva t 40mgs per day for four weeks.
Masteron propionate: the four biggest myths
- You can use Masteron as your anti-estrogen: This is only going to apply in specific situations if you are using a small amount of aromatizing compounds. In the vast majority of cases in Masteron cycles, depending on it as your sole anti-estrogen isn’t the greatest choice.
- Masteron will cut me up if I am too fat: Afraid not! It won’t if your body fat is over 12% you will not enjoy the hardening and cosmetic benefits.
- Drostanolone propionate needs to be in high dosages: This misconception is understandable because people may use it and not get the results they expect. Remember a Masteron cycle isn’t designed to put on tons of muscle tissue, it is a steroid that is a hardener used to complement a cycle.
- Masteron propionate doesn’t have any side effects: It will not add estrogenic side effects to your cycle but it will open you up to DHT side effects.
So, is a Masteron cycle worth it?
It’s always a wonder how medications designed to treat breast cancer end up bulking up bodybuilders. Masteron is said to be great as part of a cutting cycle or stacked with other steroids to allow for muscle growth and fat loss. Yes, a Masteron cycle may have fewer side effects than more potent steroids, but it is still an anabolic steroid and can be harmful if used incorrectly or wrongly.
Well, it’s a no from us. Why would you inject “organic compounds” into yourself when there is the potential for:
- Hair loss
- High blood pressure
- Testosterone suppression – this can also lead to further problems such as low libido, gynecomastia, and erectile dysfunction
Get SHREDDED with ACUT
There is no need for a Masteron cycle when there is ACUT to give you that lean and cut look, so loved by bodybuilders.
Get yours and prepare to get SHREDDED!